Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Perspective.

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?articleId=USRTR2Q2G0#a=5
I came across this picture today on pinterest.  The picture, originally from reuters.com, touched my heart in such a way that I literally stopped what I was doing to take a moment and seriously think about what this would be like.  I go about my day to day life like any other "normal" person.  I am happy, thankful, have great faith in my amazing God, I laugh, cry, get angry, and I complain.  That last part is what I am feeling most guilty about today.  I complain about not having the money to get the newest fashion trends or home decor; I complain about being so hungry I'm "gonna die"; I complain about being bored with drinking water all the time.  It is disgusting.  There are sweet little babies all over this world, literally starving.  Starving.  This poor, innocent child is so emaciated that his body is the shape of his bones.  I have never, in my life, for one single minute, been as hungry as this little boy has been since birth.  Why are we not doing more?  Why is this still happening?  I want to wrap him up in my arms and give him anything he has ever wanted.  Which, once he has told me, will make me feel even more spoiled since his response would probably be something so "miniscule" that I have never even given it thought.  Like food and shelter for him and his family or medicine for when they are sick or clothes when they are cold.  I may never meet this precious child of God but I know that I am going to try and live with the knowledge that I have been blessed with things others have not, that I have been given opportunities to food, water and shelter that others will never have and that only I control my actions, thoughts and words.  My husband and I support children with compassion and other ministries but that is not enough.  I have to figure out some way to do more.  Maybe one day I will be able to travel there and touch there lives in the same way they have touched mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment