Thursday, November 1, 2012

Speghetti Squash=GUILT FREE PASTA!!

I am a carb-o-holic, but try to stay away from them...which in the end makes me want them more. 
SO I discovered (not really discovered discovered of course, but I had never heard of them before today so ta da, discovered) Spaghetti Squash.
It can replace all pasta. *Angels singing*--the crazy thing is, it is actually good...like really good.

I will post a picture of what they look like so that you can find them faster if you don't know what they are. {I don't want you to look like one of those people in the parking lot who can't find their car; And by those people, I mean me. Your welcome.}

To make them:

1.De-seed them, its almost like gutting a pumpkin, get rid of all the inner mesh stuff that holds the seeds (they actually cook up and taste just like pumpkin seeds if you wanna try them).
2. Take a fork and start to shred the insides. It easily turns into "spaghetti".
3. Put a little Olive Oil in the bottom of a non-stick pan and throw your squash inside. Season with some salt, pepper and any other seasoning (I used Italian Seasoning) and go a head and cook them for about 2-4 minutes depending on how "done" you want them.
4. ENJOY your completely guilt free "pasta"

YUMMM.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment