Friday, April 19, 2013

How to: Wine Cork Letter

Hello Friends!

Every now and then I get the urge to be crafty.  I am sure you've been there, during the hours you've spent pinning glorious pins on Pinterest cleaning on the house, and the heavens open up for those few short minutes and you actually get off the couch stop slaving away on chores to have a little "you" time.  Well this is what I created in that short time!  Thank you to my friends sweet grandmother who gave us hundreds of corks to use!  To create your own Cork Letter:

1. Go to your local craft store (mine was from Hobby Lobby) and purchase a letter of your choice.  The one I used was a wood material, fairly thin, so it doesn't weight too much, and was a nondescript brown color.
2. Gather as many corks as you can find.  There was a variety of sizes and colors, because of the different wines it had housed in it's glory days.  They do sell corks if you don't have any saved or don't drink.  I have seen them at target and other convenience stores.
3. You'll need a hot glue gun.  If you are purchasing one for the first time there will be a few options.  Opt out of the extra hot glue gun or your fingers will look like the fourth of July went off in the basket you were holding on the way to the desert. I did didn't learn that from experience. 
4.  I would definitely put old newspapers or magazine on top of the service if you don't want it to get ruined.  The glue from the gun will drip or stretch and is difficult to get off. 
5. You're all set!!  Let me know how they turn out!

XOXO,
Sharayah

No comments:

Post a Comment